First day working in a pharmacy, it makes me love my future career more than ever. These are a few tips to check whether you are working in a right pharmacy and they tells whether you will survive through those dull days.
[1] First of all, it has to be air-conditioned and not an open-air pharmacy.
Why? Because you won't want to stand there for hours (10am to 6pm) sweating like mad.
[2] Then, having a bunch of funny colleagues is the key factor.
Why? If they are very serious, you are going to stress yourself out as you do not know anything there in the beginning. Fortunately, my colleagues are of the funky and funny type and their ages basically range from 19 to 50. Yet we are a happy family.
[3] The medicines have to be placed as untidy as possible with one on this shelf and another on that.
Why? This is to train the newbies like me to see whether I know where are the medicines and they always do that on purpose for example asking me to place back a medication on the shelf on the first day!
[4] Make good use of your lunch time - our so called 'happy hour'.
Why? Because you will be standing there for 8 hours (possibly more) if you do not enjoy your given one hour break. The pharmacy I am working in is located at a 'strategic' spot I would say. You can taste new food everyday. Dim Sum... Chicken rice... Egg tarts... etc...
[5] Your customers have to be as weird as possible. This is essential.
Why? Because you would not want to have arrogant customers to comment on your everything, from head to foot, in and out of the pharmacy. So far the customers I met were kind of weird. Some are funny. Some are perverted. Some keep asking for discount, more and MoRe and MORE. Some will ask you some irrelevant things. Some will even scold you with bad words(what I heard from my colleague).
Lesson of the day :
She taught me to help others wholeheartedly. The pharmacist, Ms. Chok.
**************
I don't have any picture of the pharmacy yet. Below is the place where I had my placement in UNMC last month. The LAB.I still prefer working in a community pharmacy. =)
* I noticed the content of this post is completely irrelevant to being a pharmacist. But you would like to have some fun once in a while though. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment